Monday, March 14, 2005

GRRR....

Very irritated with blogger just know. I can't move my pics into the appropriate entries. They won't show up like the did before today and I can't get them to save as drafts. grrrr... Anyway, here's an explanation of the pics:

  • The box is from my wonderful secret pal. We start with the box; look how cute she labeled it. There's yarn under the tape on the label! First, there is blueberry goodness, 2 balls Skacel Fancy. Then there is olive-y goodness - two wound skeins of what appears to be CP cotton chenille. This will make great trim at neck or cuffs, or it will go with something in my stash; have to check. (BTW: I am painting a wall in my house that color.) Then, there is are about a gazillion (that's the mathematical term) stitch markers!!! I love stitch markers! I've always used the plain little plastic rings, but these are soooo much nicer. I was so excited about them I just had to put them on my Clapotis and work a few rows.

Thank you, Secret Pal! I'm thrilled!

On the knitting front, I've finished Plum. On the whole I liked knitting this sweater. It's a quick knit. You have to pay attention to gauge throughout, though. I used almost 10 balls of Cashmerino Superchunky and the pattern calls for 9. I can tell where I loosened up a bit at the top of one sleeve and that sleeve is now just a bit longer than the other one. I may frog this, but am hesitating. 1) I don't think I can get more yarn in this color and dyelot. It's been over a year since I bought the yarn and I would not be surprised if the color has been discontinued. 2) this yarn does not like to be frogged. It's already fuzzy where I frogged it at the beginning and after one wearing is already showing signs of pilling. All in all, I love the design, but I don't think I will use this yarn again. I'll get some pics up as soon as blogger lets me.

I worked on Clapotis a bit last night. I love the exotic jingling as I knit; I almost felt like a belly dancer. I also made some progress on the MD scarf yesterday while waiting in various places - pediatrician's office (SP has strep). the drive-thru, and of all places Sam's Club. The lines are notoriously long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons