Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'll bring the knitting; you bring the popcorn.

"Talking bluntly about sex for five minutes will earn an NC-17. Showing it frankly for one minute will do the same. Maiming and slaying people in close-up for two hours -- and delighting in it -- will get you only an R." --Lawrence Toppman, Charlotte Observer, in his review of Sin City.
Yes, tonight is date night and we are going to see Sin City. With a review like that how could we not see this flick? (And that guy didn't like it.) It was quite a toss up between Sin City, Kung Fu Hustle and The Interpreter. I prefer suspense movies I can pause when I have to get up, so we'll wait on The Interpreter. We usually reserve the "Fist Full of Rice" movies to watch with our buddy Dan; it's a thing we do. Not sure what project I'm bringing yet... Progess on the Peach Santana MD Scarf. Update: I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard at a movie. While this was a bit gory, at least it was mostly in black and white. There's some color for emphasis in places but the movie was true to dark comic/graphic novel form. On the whole I really enjoyed it but it's not for the squeamish. I'll never look at Elijah Wood the same way again.

3 Comments:

At 5/03/2005 10:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea ! I wasn't crazy about Sin City. It wasn't really good at all. You have to see star wars the new one it's Awesome, thats if your a fan

 
At 5/03/2005 10:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice scarf! What yarn did you use?
It kind of looks like Noro, But Im not sure.

 
At 5/04/2005 06:05:00 PM, Blogger stephanie said...

I used Reynolds Santana for the Peach MD Scarf and US 10 needles. The label calls for US8, but the resultant fabric was too stiff for a spring scarf. This yarn needs a dab of fray check on the ends before you weave them in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons