Monday, April 11, 2005

not much going on

Not much to report on the knitting front. I finished the MD scarf. I'm not sure if it's going to be a gift for my Rabbi or for my o.b. The Rabbi led a congregational trip to Israel last December and the trip was a big success. He was also a wonderful guide over the couple of years I took to convert. Now, I know you are wondering "for her o.b.???" I know it seems a little personal to give a present one's o.b., however, everytime I'm in he sees me knitting and talks about how his mother used to knit. He seems genuinely interested in what I'm knitting. He's also my mohel of choice and he did a lovely job with SASP 's brit. I know it's been a couple of years, but he's a nice guy and puts up with me pretty well. Speaking of the MD scarf... My favorite LYS (String of Purls) hosts a knit night once a week. I got a few folks making MD scarves and now I have been asked to teach a class on it. Wow! me teaching a class. It'll be for beginners who can cast on and knit. I'm nervous about it, but it will be fun to teach. HASH(0x8ef618c) You are Buck Russell (from Uncle Buck)! Your relationships aren't the greatest (mostly by your own accord), but if anyone has a huge heart, it's you. Which John Hughes Character Are You? brought to you by

1 Comments:

At 4/21/2005 09:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your nervousness about teaching a class. I kind of got thrown into it when an instructor had to suddenly leave the lys where I had just started working. I realized I actually enjoy teaching. Never would have done it otherwise. Good luck to you.
Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons