Monday, April 04, 2005

what will it take...

to teach me not to leave my needles on the freakin' couch ! #@$^*&% !!! You'd think that after I broke a bamboo needle by sitting on it, I would have learned. You'd think that after Stinkerton Prime took one of my metal needles out of my knitting (so tantalinzingly left on the couch, I might add) and bent it on the hearth, I would have learned. Did I learn after SP took a bamboo needle (again, left on the couch in an ever so tempting position) and broke it on said hearth? Noooo. So, after these three painful lessons, (and several others that involved chasing a needle weilding toddler around the couch and lots of dropped stitches) what do I do? I leave my knitting on the couch. In response to some rather meaningful screaming from the boys, I put put the knitting next to where I am sitting on the couch to go deal with them. Once the boys are tended to and I take care of some other kitchen/housewifey/motherly/while-I-am-up type duties, I return to said couch. I look down. I pick up my knitting, which has thankfully been left unmolested by SP and SASP - at least they learned something. Thinking myself safe, and feeling very clever for remembering to look first, I sit down and hear a rather unpleasant pop. My heart sinks as I look at my knitting and see that I only have one of the most beautiful knitting needles on the planet in my hand. One. My stomach lurches. I start to pray that it's not a broken Lantern Moon, but instead my hip popping out of my pelvis requiring months of painful rehabilitation and surgery. I shift my weight to stand up, hoping against all hope, that I did not break yet another needle - especially not this needle. Another pop, and it isn't heralding a hip replacement but the humiliation of yet another broken needle. I think I need to be alone for a little while. I need to drown my sorrow. Posted by Hello In this.... new tweed solacePosted by Hello Tahki Yarns Spring/Summer 2005 Collection "A-line Cardigan"

3 Comments:

At 4/07/2005 04:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey not to worry, I have a cat that like to steal my needles and hides them. some times I just find the tips chewed off and he leaves them in the middle of the room and I have a fit. so I have to replace them like you do, I dont leave the nice ones around, I learned my lesson. So did you get new ones?

 
At 4/09/2005 08:31:00 AM, Blogger zibibbo said...

Ohhhhhh noooooooooo. *wonders how many more needles will meet the same fate*

Well, at least you have some lovely solace there. Gorgeous pattern actually!

 
At 4/20/2005 10:16:00 AM, Blogger stephanie said...

No, I haven't gotten new ones yet. I'm waiting to see what happens for Mother's Day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons