Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Casting About

I started the FBS in the Koigu I frogged. So far so good on the pattern. I'm into the second repeat. The charts are easy enough to follow even with the boys in the room. And, unlike the KSH, it's easy to tink back to correct a mistake - though I'm still not thrilled with using a variegated yarn for this. I'd much prefer something solid but I can't buy the yarn right now. I need to make a larger copy of the charts. When I originally made my copies, I forgot to do the last two charts. a tisket a tasket lots of little baskets {Update: After spending all evening repeatedly tinking & reknitting two rows, I just started the fourth repeat.} Clapotis is moving along nicely. I'm on the third repeat of Section Three. I'm not sure how many more I'll have to do b/c I've forgotten how many extra repeats I did in Section Two. I haven't picked up the Interlacements Tee since I frogged it. I'm debating whether or not I should skein and wash the yarn. The yarn is overdyed and I think if I wash the hanks I'll end up with an enevenly faded shirt. I forgot to mention that I started in Sursa about a week ago. I'm not too jazzed on the whole two strand thing b/c the colors don't match up. So far, you can see the striping. The colors are muted b/c the second strand is not at the same point as the first. I'll go a little longer on it and see if I like it better as I go along. It's good mindless late night knitting on large needles. BTW, Stinkerton Prime is finally potty trained! The turning point was getting him out of the pull ups and into underwear. Now if he would just remember to aim! Not dry overnight yet, but that will come in time. With any luck, Stinkerton Adjunct will train by the end of the year. Woo Hoo!! Interesting entry on Mozeman's site. Wendy is doing her best to bring another very important issue to light with her own unique sense of style. If you are at work, you may want to wait till you get home to read that one. Urban Pagan has posted about a recent roll in the "hay" - so to speak. And lastly, Bonne-Marie has done it again. Honestly, I'm not even sure I'm worthy of reading her blog! I'll post some progress pics soon. Have to run out to the DMV and pay the car registrations. Fortunately, my county runs the office pretty efficiently and it's near home. So I should be done before lunchtime. {Update, I was in and out in 20 minutes!} Oh, and DH's copyright article has been accepted on the first submission. He really should be giving me a by-line since it was my idea and I did some major editing to make it more knitter friendly. I'll post more when the details are finalized. Mostly Non-Knitting content: If you haven't tried it yet, take a look at Neal Boortz's site. Nealz Nuze is where you want to go. It's infotainment for certain, but if you ignore the rhetoric, he makes some valid points. He's also on of the authors of "The Fair Tax" which is due to be released on July 5th. I want to say that the co-author is Senator Isaakson, but I'm not sure. Saw Shrek 2 the other night. I laughed so hard I kept missing yarnovers on the FBS. It is soooo much funnier than the first one - and the first is one of my favorite movies. Why don't I have these on DVD, yet?
Be small, my head.
Grammar God! You are a GRAMMAR GOD! Congratulations! If your mission in life is not already to preserve the English tongue, it should be. You can smell a grammtical inaccuracy from fifty yards. Your speech is revered by the underlings, though some may blaspheme and call you a snob. They're just jealous. Go out there and change the world. How grammatically correct are you? (Revised with answer key) brought to you by Quizilla
I freely admit to being a stickler when it comes to proper grammar and usage, but "grammar god?" Out of curiousity, I compared the key to my answers. I had 7 wrong out of 20. Talk about grade inflation! Where I attended school that was considered a failing grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons