Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Finished!

It's small, I know, but I have a Finished Object! And it's on display at String of Purls - and yes, I forgot the camera. It gives me such a thrill that something I made is on display at a yarn shop! Somethin I made - with my own hands. What's more is that I'm going to teach this project in a month. I am wondering if I should include a tutorial on properly weaving in ends since this is a two sided item. Suggestions? Is that something you would have found helpful when you were a beginner? I think I have FO envy. I see blogs where folks have completed dozens of projects in a short time and I just wonder how in the world they do it. These are people with jobs, even! We're talking a sweater a week. I wonder if it's because I don't have places to wear and show off my projects that keeps stalling me. Am I just a process knitter and not a project knitter? Am I just undisciplined? Or is it just that I'm in the car for 4.5 hours a day 3 days a week? Yes, that's it! Blame it on the preschool's temporary home. Thank goodness the construction is almost done and they'll be back home this Fall. I'll have more knitting time - provided I don't return to work in the meantime. I'm considering casting on for Remembering Honey from IK Spring '03. I was reminded of this pattern while perusing the gallery A Mingled Yarn. She did such a lovely job with this sweater that I'm feeling motivated to start one. It really is a pretty sweater and the pattern seems simple enough. I need to swatch a few things to see if I have appropriate yarn on hand for it. I tried swatching with Rowan Calmer, but it's too fine a gauge. Otherwise, I do have a gazillion (that's the mathematical term) projects in the queue right now. Not the least of which is finishing the Lots of Options Top. I'm most of the way there, for crying out loud, you'd think I'd just finish it. I think what has slowed me down is the fact that I'm at the button hole side of the sweater; I have to keep checking where I have the buttons lined up for each side to make sure I'm getting the holes in the right places. That and I've frogged the thing 4 or 5 times already and I'm getting more than a little sick of it. I want to get started on the Yellow New Tweed A-line Cardigan. I also would like to do a sweater for DH before next Winter rolls around - I'm feeling a little guilty that I haven't made something for him yet. And, the boys need sweaters for next Fall. I didn't make them any at all last Winter - talk about guilt. On top of that, I really wanted to make the Time in a Bottle Sweater from the Fall '04 Knitters. I've had the yarn since October, but had trouble getting gauge and had to order wonky sized needles and then left for my trip and haven't picked it back up since. I really, really wanted this sweater done before Winter ended and here it is May and I never even started it. We'll see if I can get it done this Summer. Other than that, nothing to report.

2 Comments:

At 5/06/2005 11:42:00 AM, Blogger blogdog said...

Hey, Stephanie -- Thanks for the helpful suggestions about ways to keep the cat mess down! We even have a big piece of Astroturf and an old hunk of Berber carpeting, so we can try both and see what works. Much appreciate this!

I have no idea where some folks find the time to take on and finish so many projects, either -- and my FO envy is totally undisguised. I even work from home much of the time, I don't have kids, and I even spend less time in the car than you do... but still, how is it that I'm lucky to have 15 minutes of knitting time each day? Doesn't it make you wonder where all those minutes go? If I ever have any to spare, I'll share them with you!

Happy Knitting!

 
At 5/06/2005 11:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey secret pal!!!! You have done a lovely job on your blog. I can't wait to send out your next package, But before I do I would like to know what you really desire at this moment. And If your looking for a quick project for the DH, SOCK!!!! I made 2 pairs already for my DH. Try it they are a lot of fun and they are very rewarding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons