Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I have been told by the Fates...

not to discuss DH's foibles when it comes to Mothers' Day. Both times I have tried to leave a fairly detailed post about them I've lost the posts. Suffice it to say, that after three years of hurt feelings (Pissed Off does not begin to describe last year) and subsequent retail therapy, he finally got it right. Flowers, brunch and cleaning out the garage. I'm not sure if this was out of guilt or if he was trying to protect the checking account. Either way, we had a very nice Mothers' Day. The garage looks great and SP has a new Big Boy bicycle as a reward for potty training. woo hoo! I even found the broken Lantern Moon needle. DH had glued it back together and did a pretty good job, too. Now I need to get some super fine sand paper and see if that will take care of the few rough edges. No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes. Posted by Hello I returned to the Flower Basket Shawl. What possessed me to do my first lace project in mohair? I need some smoother yarn for this. I've been considering some Alpaca Cloud in pink or tide pool from Knit Picks, but can't buy the yarn right now since I'm on the Different Kind of Yarn Diet. So, this will either go on hold or I'll trudge along with the KSH. If I stick with the KSH I'm only making this to size. I was thinking I'd like a bigger shawl, but with the mohair being such a pain in the butt... I have a little CTH possum lace, but I didn't really want to do this in a variegated yarn. I've been itching to cast on for something new. I wasn't going to until I finished something meaningful - and, no a scarf doesn't count. I was making good progress and am almost done with the Lots of Options top, but I just realized I don't have enough of the yarn to finish and I will now have to rip back one of the shoulders and add stripes. I am not pleased. At least I have enough of the contrast color to do that. The yarn I'm short is a long gone (early 90's) Cotton Classic II hand-dyed yarn. I really should rip back all four shoulders and have stripes on both the front and back, but I'm too lazy. It may be more interesting to have the front and back different anyway. Lots of Options Top - full view Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons