Tuesday, May 24, 2005

knit one, tink one, drink one

Ugh. It's been two days and I'm still in the 5th repeat on that &%*^%* shawl. I'm going to finish tinking the row I'm on and then the thing is going in Time Out while I devote some attention to Sursa. (speaking of which, I'm really starting to like Sursa. I mean REALLY liking. If I keep it, does that make me a bad person?) Stinkerton Prime quoted me yesterday. We were in the car...(you can see where this is going, right?) when another car honked at a car in the lane next to us and SP promptly stated "Stop that you idiot." I told him that it wasn't nice to say and that I needed to stop saying things like that, too. It could have been worse... Like the time DH watched SP crash his Thomas trains together over and over again and each time SP would pick up one of the trains and say "you jerk" to it. I think this kid spends too much time in the car with me. Again, it could have been worse... Like the time we were in Ethan Allan and he proclaimed in a crystal clear voice "That's crap. That's a piece of crap." Fortunately we were alone in that part of the store. It was very hard not to laugh b/c I knew exactly where that came from. (We'd just been in another furniture store where I was checking to see if the backs of the dressers were wood or heavy cardboard and muttering "that's crap," every time I found that it wasn't wood. I really didn't think he'd heard me.) At least, I don't (as Urban Pagan so aptly put it) "release my inner sailor." I think I need to start reciting profound thoughts. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 5/24/2005 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Lisa P said...

Oh yeah, you don't want to do that in front of the little one. There have been times that I've shocked myself by what I came up with. I've even written things down just to review later because I couldn't believe I said it. :P

 
At 5/25/2005 01:04:00 PM, Anonymous Sharon said...

So instead of Stitch & Bitch gatherings,m we could have Tink & Drink. I like it; works for me. Looking forward to the finished Sursa photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons