Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Blech is just depressing

Haven't knit squat for the past couple weeks. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. Blech is eating up most of my knitting time. I get about 4 rows done and then I'm finished with it and it's so demotivating a project that I don't want to knit anything else when I put it down. This mesh stitch is a pain and it's boring as well. I'm sooo glad I thought to work both pieces at a time, but it does make the project a bit less portable. Aside from Blech leaving me completely demoralized, I have done nothing, hear that NOTHING, on the knitting front. Theoretically, I should have more time since both the boys are in camp - one of them 5 days a week. But the 40 minute drive each way due to using temporary digs, eats so much of my day and positively wears me out. I think I need to find a bookstore nearby and hang out there on the mornings both of them are at camp. There's a yarn shop nearby, but the service there is lackluster at best, so I've gotten to where I just don't go there. You know how some people have bad hair days? Well, I have bad brain days. Lately, I've been having a lot of bad brain days. Have been doing the medication tinkering thing and I think that if the meds weren't wreaking havoc on my sleep pattern I might feel better. Atleast once camp is over the boys will be in schools closer to home and I may have time to work out more. Working out helps a good bit. My all time favorite yarn shop has changed their name. They are The Purly Gates - a Heavenly Knittery. They had a name change sale when they returned from TNNA. I got a hank of Rainbow Mills cotton for 25% off, plus my guild discount. woo hoo! I have a pttern in mind for it, but it's a little complicated to work and I think I really need idiot knitting for when I'm not working on Blech. New book to read: The Fair Tax by Neal Boortz and Congressman John Linder. All I have to say about the Republican party right now is that they have completely abandoned their constituency. What happened to Social Security privatization? What happened to school vouchers? Let's hope that they at least make some progress on meaningful tax reform. On though whole I'm glad I'm a Libertarian. Politically, I don't feel abandoned just ignored. Where do you stand? Take this quiz.

1 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Mare said...

Just found your blog. Yarn is my Xanax...I think I'll like it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons