Monday, July 18, 2005

almost done...

I'm almost done with the brown novelty shawl. I think I'm going to name this shawl pattern my "Serendipity Shawl." The actual knitting is simple enough. two edge increases and two center increases on the right side rows. Nothing could be easier. The serendipitous part is finding the right mix of novelty yarns in the right quantities to make it all work. I will have plenty extra after this to make a self fringing scarf out of most of the same yarns. Finally cleaned up the fringe on the original version and it's now sitting at the yarn shop in an effort to lure students to the class on it. The shop is only about a year old, so there are tons of beginners that like to have a lot of hand holding. So, I'll show them the technique on plain yarn and then we'll go through the ins and outs of yarn selection for a project like this. I'll post pics in a day or two. I have four rows to complete, then blocking and fringe. Woo Hoo! Fringe party! -- Update: I have finished the fringe and the shawl is at The Purly Gates. Of course, I forgot to take a photo before I left it there... Here it is blocking. Brown Serendipity Shawl blocking Posted by Picasa Project notes are here. Blech is about 45% done and is on hold b/c the shop wanted these to lure students. I will get back to Her Fugliness once I start blocking.

2 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

stephanie you are tooo funny! i'm curious and would like to see pics of her fugliness.

 
At 7/21/2005 12:53:00 PM, Anonymous Michelle said...

The Shawl is lovely, I like the name Serendipity (Have you been watching Firefly?).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons