Friday, July 29, 2005

running around naked...

Now that everyone is gone I feel so much better. It was really nice having everyone here for the visit, but I was definitely ready to have them gone yesterday. My parents left today. It was a nice visit with my mother, now that she's knows the boundaries. (Funny how that didn't happen till I had kids.) My father is still in the doghouse as far as I'm concerned. He decided to spend almost 4 of the 7 days here with his cousins in Birmingham. I wouldn't have minded so much if he'd seen the boys in the last year and a half! Anyway, we did the whole family portrait thing and they turned out nice. As a surprise to my parents, my sister and I had our picture taken together to mimic one from our childhood. The old photo was in really bad shape and I had to have it restored. We had them both framed and gave the pics to my parents when all the extended family was here for the BBQ last weekend. My oldest woke up early one morning last week while everyone was here. My sister and brother in law were sleeping in SASP's room. SP started making fun noises after using the toilet. My sister gets up and opens the door to find SP playing naked in his room. "Oh! It's you!" and he proceeded to proceeds to play and run around in their room for a bit. When the suggestion was made that SP needed to go put on underpants, he said to them, very seriously, "No, I need to keep an eye on you." The kid had one-liners like that all week. He really knows when to turn on the charm. Didn't make much progress on Her Fugliness - just a few more rows - but I did complete another of the little fruit hats for my friend having a little girl soon. This one is green with a red top - like a poinsettia. The first was red with a green top - like a tomato. The red matches some yarn I picked up for her to do a sweater for the baby; she needs something do to while on bed rest. (Ssend some "stay put" vibes this way!) I must say, this little project has sold me on the Cotton Classic. I'd always stayed away from it due to the smaller needle size and the lack of elasticity of cotton. No more fear here! I am now an avowed fan. Am loving what Wendy did with the Kochoran I sent her. What little I can see in the photo looks gorgeous! I'm waiting impatiently for the pattern. I've added a few more things to the destash post. I'll be adding tools, books and patterns over the next few days.

3 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 12:19:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

you braved family and in your home!?! you deserve a medal of honor my dear...we typically avoid avoid avoid because after all denial is my friend :O)

 
At 8/03/2005 05:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stef.
Just wanted to say hello. And see what you were up to, You have a lot of projects on your list,I have one question.
was the clapotis hard to figure out? Because I can't figure it out for the life of me.

 
At 8/03/2005 06:46:00 PM, Blogger stephanie said...

Clapotis needs to be started in a quiet place with pen and paper in hand. I had to make a row by row list telling me how many stitches should be on each row and then mark off each row as I finished it. It took me several tries before I got it right. If I can find my notes (they should be w/the project, but with my kids, you never know...) I'll post them here. Once you get through that part, it's smooth sailing for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons