Friday, August 19, 2005

I can't believe it...

USA TODAY I'm just thoroughly disgusted. As a result of the idiots on the supreme court deciding that private property rights, one of the cornerstones of American life, are irrelevant when it comes to the desires of the state, the city of New London, CT is now retaliating against the homeowners for trying to defend their rights in the face of blatant eminent domain abuse. Actually, I'm not disgusted... I'm outraged. Anyway, I have been making progress on the Unikat sweater. The back is almost done. I promise that I will get pictures up as soon as I hit the store for batteries. FBS hasn't been touched in weeks. I misplaced my tally sheet and tried to figure out what row I was on and botched it good. I need a good hour or two completely without interruption to fix it and finding that at the present time is more of a challenge than the actual fix. Sursa still doesn't have a ruffle. I don't have a cable long enough and those crappy Denise needles keep popping on me. I'm thinking about knitting the ruffle separately from the edge inward and then stitching it on. I'm good enough at seaming that it shouldn't look any different than if I'd picked up the stitches. Taught my class the other night. It went well. Two people didn't show up, so I didn't get paid for them, but I offered to teach the class again if anyone was interested. Stinkerton Prime starts school Monday. I'm a little sad about it. It's not like he hasn't been in preschool for the past two years, but this is the school that we're planning on him staying in through High School and it feels like I'm sending him to kindergarden (which is 2 years away). I know he'll be fine and he'll love it. Stinkerton Adjunct to Stinkerton Prime doesn't start preschool till after Labor Day. They're in different schools this year. With luck, SASP will get accepted to the same school SP's now in and I won't have to do the two-carpool thing for long. Now that both of the boys are in school, I'm looking at going back to work. My old boss contacted me about coming back to be his secretary again. We spoke last June, but we've been waiting till the Fall re-assignments start happening. His current secretary is being re-assigned (finally. I'd made it very clear that I wouldn't come back if it meant someone was going to lose their job.) He's fine with me being part-time. I was so sick when I was pregnant with SP that I was part-time anyway, so we know that those hours will work for my old boss. As for the other attorney I might be assigned, well... that remains to be seen. I hope it's not who he is currenlty paired with; I'm familiar with his workload and personality and I don't think we'd work well together. He's a nice guy; I just don't think we'd be a good match. I did the math and as long as I earn (after taxes) the tuition and child care, it comes out even to work. Actually, we may come out ahead if I'm still eligible for benefits as a part-timer. I'm one of those people who tends to identify strongly with what I do. I liked my job; it was challenging but not so challenging that I felt overwhelmed. I'll also get to wear my nice clothes again. I am so sick of wearing a T-shirt and jeans every day.

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 04:32:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

pre-school is upon us for the princess. i'm nervous as all hell. prolly more than she is. random fears like, will she be having too much fun to make it to the toilet in time and if she doesn't are they going to think i'm a terrible potty trainer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons