Friday, August 26, 2005

Me Me

I've bit tagged twice for this one, so I guess I'd better get started. 10 years ago, I was engaged to my husband. 5 years ago, We'd decided to start trying to have children so I quit getting the depo-provera shots. Things went downhill from there; stopping the depo made my mild depression worse. And the attempts to get and stay pregnant didn't help. I learned more about it and found a good doctor. I also learned the power of the web. I met a great group of women on-line that were wonderful support during that difficult time. We bought our first house. 1 year ago, we found the right medication! woo hoo! We celebrated SASP's first birthday. Yesterday, I took SP to the school we're planning on him graduating from 15 years from now. Then I interviewed to go back to work at my old firm. Today, took SASP in for surgery to get a really scary mole removed. Knitted. (With the exception of them screwing up my appt time, everything went swimmingly.) 5 snacks I enjoy: Turtles, chocolate chip cookies, chips and salsa w/sour cream, fig newtons, pears and havarti. 5 songs I know all the words to: Beloved Wife - Natalie Merchant; - Wherever I May Roam - Metallica; Dragula - Rob Zombie; Head Like a Hole - Nine Inch Nails; Closer - Nine Inch Nails (I'd like to learn the words to O Fortuna from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana" but my Latin's a little rusty.) 5 things I'd like to do with $100 million: set up a fund for victims of terrorism & their families; fund campaigns to get libertarians into elected offices in such a way that the mainstream media can't ignore it; set up an education fund so that kids in crappy school districts can go to private school; fund a music and arts program in a school district that would otherwise not have the money; set up a research and development/venture capital firm so small businesses and inventors can bring their ideas to fruition and create more jobs 5 places I would run away to: Scotland, Tuscany or Sicily, Sedona, AZ, Singapore, Toronto 5 things I would never wear: white shoes before memorial day, stilleto heels, a poncho or cape, neon colors, chocolate sauce 5 favorite shows: Battlestar Galactica (new); The Nanny (don't laugh; the characters had great chemistry!); Stargate SG1 (though this season stinks); Special Report with Brit Hume; BBC World News my 5 biggest joys: my husband, who listens to me enough to write an article on knitters and copyright despite the ribbing he took for it at work; Stinkerton Prime, my first baby; Stinkteron Adjunct to Stinkerton Prime, my little man who I have to keep reminding myself isn't a baby anymore; knitting, what brought me sanity; my dear friends, near and far. One more: shoes that fit! my 5 favorite toys: the PDA I have yet to receive from DH; the sat-nav in the car; My knitting needles, of course; the computer; my stand mixer 5 people I'm going to tag with this: My Secret Pal (I look forward to reading this when I know who you are!); Laurie, AmyDe, Michelle, and Jessica. I just have to know what makes you tick.

5 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 06:57:00 AM, Blogger zibibbo said...

He wrote an article? OOh will you be sharing it with the rest of us? (per favore!)

 
At 8/31/2005 09:37:00 PM, Blogger AmyDe said...

Did you send this to me? I deleted a bunch of emails accidentally.

Thanks
AmyDe

 
At 9/10/2005 01:27:00 PM, Blogger emy said...

Ok, if you ever *run* to Singapore, you can count on me to bring you for some yarn shopping! :)

 
At 9/11/2005 10:51:00 AM, Blogger stephanie said...

I would soooo love to visit Singapore again. Surprisingly green too, given how developed it is. Shame I wasn't a knitter back then.

 
At 10/27/2008 03:43:00 AM, Anonymous Depo-Provera Prescription Information said...

My name is Janice Still and i would like to show you my personal experience with Depo-Provera.

I am 24 years old. I have been on Depo for 9 years and did not realize that the symptoms I experienced might be related to the shot. I am now facing thousands of dollars in dental work due to bone density loss, and will probably end up with osteoporosis. I am getting off Depo and will never touch it again!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Low libido, joint pain, bone density loss, dental problems, headaches, fatigue, out of control eating, gained 40 lbs., depression

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Janice Still

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons