Monday, September 26, 2005

14, 13, 12...

11 days till ANNIE! Can you tell I'm just about bursting with anticipation? I can almost taste the stale pretzels and Coke I'll have on the plane trip North. mmmmm..... airplane snacks..... I'll be staying with the 'rents while I'm there. I'm hoping to make it to Knit Happens while I'm there, but I don't know what kind of time I'll have. Since I'm staying with the 'rents, I should probably spend some time with them. I've been wanting to start a knitting group at work or at temple but am not sure how to go about it. I'm thinking getting folks together to learn to knit and to make those projects small, simple items for Dulaan Project, or blocks for Warm Up America. Not sure yet. Small items for Dulaan would be good for learning pattern reading and shaping and would have close to instant gratification. (Me? talk to strangers? lead a group? The fact that I'm even considering it tells me loads about how well the meds are working. I'm only mildly anxious about it, where a year or so ago my answer would have been a swift "no way in hell." Though I probably would have said it a little more politely than that.) I'm making progress on the Unikat sweater. I'm loving this yarn. It is amazingly soft - just glides right across the needles. Addis would be the perfect needle for this yarn if they didn't make my hands hurt. I finished the back a few weeks ago, but suspected that I made it too small. So, when I cast on for the front, I made the next size up. If the two together don't give me the size I want, then I'll frog and reknit the back. I just hope I have enough yarn. This stuff was obscenely expensive so I didn't get the usual extra skein. (This project was a special treat to myself last year after surviving the week alone with the boys while Mr. Man was in Taiwan on business.) Work is going well. I'm finally feeling like I've settled in and I've been rather productive. Wish I was working fewer hours though. Troublecat will finally go in for bladder surgery. (there went that yarn money!). She's had stones for a while now, and the special diet is not dissolving them. I'm a little worried about her; she's 11, but in otherwise good health. Once the stones are out the special food should keep her from forming new stones for a while at least. But if they come back quickly, we'll have to re-evaluate what to do. Mr. Man is getting really sick of her peeing on everything and has actually said he wants her to go. He hasn't insisted b/c he knows that's pretty much a death sentence for her. It's really sad to me that he feels this way, b/c he is her human. I had her when we met, but when Mr. Man and I hooked up, she totally bonded with him. It's like he was chopped liver. Found the camera. Of course, I didn't remember to bring it downstairs with me and now I don't feel like running upstairs for it. I'll get pics up eventually. Nothing really looks any different than it did before though. Except, courtesy of my every crafty Secret Pal, the Divine Miss C, my Clapotis has a few more pretty stitch markers on it. (I've got to learn how she gets such neat twisty ends; mine come out all pointy and snaggy.)

3 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 09:59:00 PM, Blogger fickleknitter said...

Are you going to DC? Does this mean you are from NoVa? I ask because I wiled away 18 years outside of DC.

Can't wait to see pics of the new sweater.

 
At 9/29/2005 01:30:00 AM, Blogger Moze said...

Start pff with a flyer in your temple. I find it's easier to face organizing things if people call me rather than vice-versa.

 
At 9/30/2005 09:52:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

hope the trip is a blast! and yes, you can start a knitting group---i did it, you can do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons