Saturday, September 10, 2005

just when...

I finally settle on my Wannabee list, the Fall Knitty comes out. This time, Knitty is just fabulous. There are at least two items I'd like to make. and . Wendy says that she is working on charts for Ella and that they should be available in the near future. The Lady Godiva yarn by Handmaiden appears to be a worsted weight and I think I just might possibly, maybe, kindasorta have enough worsted of something around to do this. (remember the April 1st Stash Flash? Despite having moved some along and attempting the Different Kind of Yarn Diet, it's gotten worse.) Leaves would be gorgeous in brown. But, believe it or not, I don't have any brown worsted weight yarn. You'd think, that given my propensity for spontaneous yarn purchasing that I would immediately run out and purchase brown yarn. (Particularly, Mission Falls 1824 wool since MF is going to close up shop.) Alas, this is not the case. I'm going to show a little willpower. Also, I have some green Cash Iroha that would work, too. I was saving it for the hourglass sweater or for this. I guess it will depend on whether or not I need something mindless by the time I get started. Samus, however pretty and functional looks a lot like Theresa's Sigil. I'm not implying anything unpleasant by that in any way whatsoever. It's just was struck me when I saw it. Both are very nice and I'm torn between them. Sigil has more cabling and the mitered corners would be a challenge and it has the whole collar thing working for it, too - making it look a little dressier. Samus is that it comes in more than one size and has one piece body construction, too. I've made a little progress on the Unikat sweater. I haven't been knitting much lately. I've been too upset with all the hurricane news and my knitting is off as a result.

1 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 08:12:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

isn't ella loverrly? and you're right about sigil and samus...sigil is more tailored looking. i'm in gift knitting mode now (already!) so i can plan the next move...leaning towards ella though :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons