Thursday, October 20, 2005

Spam! Terrible Spam!!

Sorry, folks. I've had to turn on the word verification. I'm getting too much comment spam and it's mucking up my e-mail. busy busy busy. I have my goodies together for my SP except for one more thing. I'll get this sent out in next week once the thing arrives. I was working on Clapotis last night and decided she's tedious. Boring. Non-exciting. Tiresome. Has the personality of a brick. Un-enamouring. She's pretty and all, but that's about all she has going for her. And as we all know, looks ain't everything. I'm considering frogging to see if the yarn can be used for another project. I certainly have a ton of it. Possibly the silk corset top or maybe or maybe something out of Lavish Lace. It is CTH yarn after all. While I'm deciding, Clapotis can sit in time out until she develops a personality. If not, she'll be banished to the pond. I can use the time I'm no longer spending on Clapotis to complete the Flower Basket Shawl and to put a ruffle on Sursa. Poor Sursa. I blame all her problems on those dratted Denise needles. I hate those things. I'm seriously considering ditching them, but the whole travel thing haunts me. I'd much rather lose those to confiscation than my bamboo sets. The other thing I'd like to do is cast on for the Mocha socks. I'm deciding on a pattern. I'm thinking toe up two circs with cables up the sides. Or maybe fingerless mitts with cables up the back. It does get cold in my office. Oh, BTW. Mr. Man's article will be in the Winter VK. I had the holiday and winter editions confused, so when I didn't see it, I figured they deleted it. Well DUH! Holiday comes out before Winter. So, he's supposed to be in that issue. I still won't have a by-line. GRRRRR... BTW, does anyone else find the cover sweater (cocoon?) on the current cover really, really ugly? I will say that a few of the Bride of Dracula items are quite pretty. I *love* the double breasted coat, but I know myself well enough to know that I'd never finish such a large project. I also like the lacy little black top. That might be really nice in dark brown. I already have a dark brown cami I could wear under it and the lacy sleeves would hide my wiggly triceps. hmmmm.... No. must. resist. siren. call. of. new. project. Must. finish. WIPS.

3 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 03:22:00 PM, Blogger AmyDe said...

The spam has become an insane battle daily here as well. Won't make knit night today - Munchkin Anna has an earache and we're trying to keep from having to visit the doctor - so lots of sudafed and TLC. BTW - have you seen this: http://knittinginthevalley.blogspot.com/

WOW!!!!

Anyway - see you Saturday!
Smiles!
A

 
At 10/25/2005 08:00:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Hey Steph!
Just as long as were not hiding from each other any more. I hope you love the package I sent to you. Let me know when you get it. and thanks for being a great pal....

 
At 10/26/2005 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Hey ! I was reading along.....
Don't frog the Clap!!!! Send it to me I will finish it for you ... I really don't mind working on it. I think Im gonna start a new one very soon....
I can't wait till you get the package, It should be there today....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons