Friday, October 14, 2005

what to say what to say

I bought some Feza yarn the other day at my fave shop. I forget the particular name, but it's like Prism in that it's a bunch of diferent yarns tied together end to end. (I've been waiting for this yarn to come in. I saw it once last year, but I won't go to that particular shop anymore.) It's much less expensive than Prism and has about the same, if not a little more, yardage. Laura Bryant has beautiful colorways no one can match, but for those who love her work, but just can't plunk down $50 a skein for her "stuff" yarns, this is a less expensive alternative. I haven't knit it up yet, so I don't know how it compares to the Prism once it's knit. I bought the black and brown colorway - really rich looking. Work is going well. I've settled in all right at this point. I just have so much to do and keep track of. I miss the boys a little, but not so much that I regret the decision to return. Stinkerton Prime is just killing me with some of the stuff he comes up with. At night, we sing a couple of songs before we sing the Shema. Lately, he's been into on Baa Baa Black Sheep - only with other colors. "Let's sing baa baa brown sheep - but it's very hard" and then he starts singing. It's fun to see who gets what color sheep. Lately I've been getting gray (sheep that is, not hair). Stinkerton Adjunct just has to be either very independent or he's velcro baby with Mr. Man. Everything is Daddy Daddy Daddy. until Daddy's around and then it's Mommy Mommy Mommy. Both the boys are really into counting. I love it when SP gets to 19 and then shouts "100!" SASP doesn't quite have the order down, but he loves counting things. He's also my singing child - as long as he doesn't think you're paying attention. What's surprising is that he gets the words right. The cat is still peeing everywhere despite getting over her surgery. Mr. Man has had just about enough of her and as much as it pains me to say it, I can't really blame him. Now that the stones are out, he's not going to give her much time to change the behavior. I'm stumped on what to do. Anyone want an incontinent cat? She's very sweet, but you can't leave baskets of laundry out. Here are Barnum and Bailey. Cute, huh? We got them after the second loss and they were very therapeutic for me. Still are, too. Barnum Bailey Posted by Picasa They are Border Collie, retriever, and Corgi mixes. We adopted them from Corgi Rescue. If I ever take up spinning I will have no shortage of fiber. Bailey sheds like a bear. On the knitting front: I think I'm going to cast on for the SP Mocha Knit Picks socks tonight, something with cables, I think - after I swatch for the boys' sweaters. I'm fairly certain I want to make top down raglans for the boys. Now it's just a matter of deciding on which yarn to use. I'm thinking the blue goose spiral worsted I bought from lotus blossom last year. My batch is much more blue that the batch she has in her store at the moment. I'll get a pic up when I get home. (I'm still at work taking advantage of the super fast connection. Not that mine's slow, but it ain't like this.) It's BSG night - even if it is re-runs. Who else thinks Gaius is a Cylon whose wiring got a little fried? How else would he have survived the nukes? Number 6's body would not have been enough protection from the blast. Trivia: Jamie Barber played Archie Kennedy in the Horatio Hornblower movies? He's much more buff now. whooo baby. Speaking of eye candy... Is Brad Pitt absolutely dishy in that little black mini skirt he wears as Achilles in Troy or what? If you fasted yesterday for Yom Kippur, I hope your fast was meaningful. This was only my second year where I had to fast. The last few years I was either pregnant or nursing (or both). Like last year, I didn't quite make it. I felt really sick midday and had to have some Coke and a little something to eat. Does it count that I tried not to enjoy it? I need to get my blood sugar checked out; I shouldn't have been sick, just uncomfortable.

1 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 01:43:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

too funny about the grey/brown/etc. sheep. my kids love the movie babe and liek to do the baa re mo to your breed your fleece true bit. makes people crack up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons