Monday, October 10, 2005

Yesterday...

Friday I was going to post a whole "Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya' tomorrow" thing, but I didn't get around to it. oh well. I did however, destroy two tires on my car. Thank you City of Atlanta for carving out 6 inch deep big squares on a narrow road and putting out some @!#$$%%^& cones. Lazy bastards. This is the second time this happened to me. The last time was four years ago. I'm calling tomorrow to get reimbursed for the damage this time. Knocked my car out of alignment, too. I also spent all Friday evening at the airport. I checked my flight and it was delayed so I went home. Nothing was posted about further delays so I went to the airport and my flight was delayed another hour. Oh well. I used the time to fix the Flower Basket Shawl. Putting her in time out really helped. I couldn't work on it the rest of the weekend b/c it might go to my mother; I haven't made up my mind, yet. I also made some progress on Clapotis. By the time I got to MD it was 12:45 and then I had a 1.5 hour trip on the Metro to get near the 'rents house. So, 2:30 a.m. I get to the house and pretty much collapse in the guest room. Side note: I found that Diana Gabaldon put out the next book in the Outlander series - A Breath of Snow and Ashes. It just about killed me to pay retail in the airport store, but I had to have it (and I hadn't brought anything to read). So far it's good, but if I didn't know the characters so well I might find it slow moving. If you haven't read the Outlander series, it's worth checking out. Get over the whole time travel thing and you'll be good to go. Friday's mishaps aside, I had a wonderful weekend! Annie has converted me. Not only will I start using Annie's combination method, I'm going to learn to carry yarn on my left. Heresy all the way!! Annie was wonderul! She's a funny, warm approachable woman and a great teacher, to boot. If you ever get a chance to take one of her classes DO! It's by far the best class I've taken. She taught us how to cable w/o a cable needle!! I'm soooo ready to start Mr. Man's sweater now. I also want to start the silk corset, but am not sure about which yarn (from the stash) to use. I have no pics, sorry. I forgot the camera. What I'm in love with is Woolwinders. The lady who runs the shop, Jaqui, is so nice. It's a lovely shop, new warm and inviting. I bought some Rowan all seasons cotton and some wool cotton. Some of which was actually on sale. The ASC is for Smooch in the All Seasons Cotton book (scroll down). Don't know yet about the wool cotton. I was thinking something along the lines of Hopeful (knitalong here) or maybe even use it for the Silk Corset. But first, Mr. Man and the boys need sweaters. It's just starting to get cold. Oh, I almost forgot. I bought some amazing silk/wool from great adirondak to make Mr. Man a cabled scarf - using my new found cabling skills. Jacqui insisted that just the one hank will be enough. The scarf will be his special gift for not complaining about making travel plans without consulting him first.

2 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 07:34:00 PM, Blogger fickleknitter said...

That is so cool you took a class with Annie! I am absolutely NOT jealous.

Ok maybe a little.

 
At 10/13/2005 10:40:00 AM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

I could never "get" knitting until I tried combined knitting. Now I knit like a mad man!!!

I'm jealous you got to take a class with her too. I'm hoping she'll come to Houston someday on tour!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons