Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thank You, God for a wonderful MIL!

I finally had sinus surgery to correct a badly deviated septum (thank you Brian Dahl, for the soccer ball to the face in 6th grade gym class) and some other problems. If I had known that it would suck even remotely this much, I wouldn' t have gone through with it. I will not disgust you will the gory details, except that being upright has been a particular challenge and I was therefore unable to get any knitting done. That should be a ghastly enough detail for most folks. Really, how much worse can it get than not being able to knit? Just one little hint, get the hypoallergenic tape if you ever need to put bandages on your face. OUCH! My MIL is wonderful. She came up for the week to help out and expected to leave yesterday. When she realized how rough things were going, she immediately rearranged her schedule to stay an extra few days. She's wonderful and I do not do enough to thank her. I did however, give her the brown Serendipity Shawl. I had originally started it for her. At one point after starting it, showed it to her and asked what she thought. She didn't like the easter grass-type yarn. Now, however, she's in love with it. I guess she's a finished product kind of person. Nose hurts. Need to go lie down. (No, I won't be posting an pics.)

7 Comments:

At 11/27/2005 05:22:00 PM, Blogger fickleknitter said...

Geez I hope you are feeling back to yourself really soon! That is so sweet of your MIL to come stay with you to help out. She sounds like a wonderful person.

 
At 11/27/2005 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Wow, i hope you feel better I was wonderng where you were I was checking on your blog. Thank god for the MIL'S They come in handy sometimes. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

 
At 11/28/2005 11:11:00 AM, Blogger AmyDe said...

Steph - I hope you feel better soon. Missed you this week and thought of you lots (didn't want to disturb any good drug induced sleeping with a call).

BTW: You're yarn is here.

Love You!
A

 
At 11/28/2005 05:56:00 PM, Blogger Knitaddicted104 said...

You are a LUCKY girl - your MIL sounds like a wonderful lady. Hope you feel better soon

 
At 11/29/2005 09:13:00 AM, Blogger AmyDe said...

just thought you might like to see this http://gardenofcolor.blogspot.com/

 
At 11/29/2005 10:16:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

poor you! hope you are feeling better!!!

 
At 11/29/2005 09:33:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Hey I just wanted to know if your wish list is up to date. I need to know..... ASAP..
Hope your feeling better...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons