Tuesday, December 06, 2005

ooops.

Sorry to not post in so long. I know it's not like you're on the edge of your seats waiting for me to post, but I still feel guilty. I finally made it back to work and found that everything I asked the case assistant to do was completely and utter f&^%#$!! up. How stupid does one have to be to screw up making copies of letters and mailing them out with the enclosures? She mailed all the letters w/o making copies and included the original documents! Originals!!! She didn't retain any copies. All the instructions were spelled out in the e-mail. This is really the most basic secretarial concept: nothing gets mailed w/o making copies. It took me three days of research to figure out what she did and there's still a file missing. Thank goodness I had the foresight to scan almost everything into the system, so we didn't lose much. She was very apologetic and remorseful. She said it would never happen again. I bit my tounge and refrained from saying, "Damn right it won't, 'cause you're never touching another of my files again." Anyway, work has been very busy with all the catching up and stuff. End of year, billing, "holiday" cards. Speaking of work at home, I am FINALLY going to have remote access. I know this sounds awful, but it really will help me out - especially with docket management and billing stuff. Most of that can be done electronically; I don't have to be at my desk for it like I do the file management work. Besides, it makes for easy extra hours. I have actually gotten some knitting done. Littlest Man's sweater is mostly done. I need to bind off the bottom, add a couple of inches to the sleeves and do the button band. I'm very excited to have this almost done. So excited, in fact, that I just might start a new project! Like a little pair of socks for Littler Man. I have some short size 3 dpns so I figured I can give it a try. I'm just going to use some leftover magic stripes I have from a baby vest I made a couple years ago. We're out of batteries again (the rechargables are hiding) so I don't have photos. I'm hoping that Herschel the Hanukah Goblin will solve my camera issues. We'll see. If he doesn't remedy the camera issue, there had better be a PDA or a few karats involved. Speaking of Mr. Man, VK's winter edition went to press. The galley pages for his article looked great and I'm very proud of him - depsite my lack of a bi-line. I'm going to have the article framed, maybe even with a pair of needles and some yarn. I did tell him that if this article leads to serious business, then he can never ever say another word about my yarn purchases again. I think that's better than a bi-line, don't you? BTW: I have a new favorite bag. www.getcrabbie.com They are the cutest bags and the lady who runs the company is really nice and wants to learn to knit socks. I have a little red bag from her and I just love it. It's supposed to be a purse, but hey! why carry a purse when you can carry your knitting bag?

3 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Glad to see your feeling better.
I need to know if your wish list is updated.. I need to get together your last package....

 
At 12/08/2005 03:31:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I take it you are feeling better? Bummer about the gal at work with her head stuck up her arse...all the more reason you should make the big bucks.

 
At 12/09/2005 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Hi stephanie...
Thanks for the great advice on the keeping warm It is bitterly cold up here. I don't mind it. I love to dress up with my wrist warmers and hats and scarves that I made.
Well get ready for the Finaly...
Keep your eyes on the mail box..
seasons greetings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons