Monday, January 02, 2006

another day another...

YEAR?? How did that happen? Let's make this the year we have some meaningful tax reform. This year's tax freedom day is... still undetermined. But here's a little info on the subject... http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/52.html and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Freedom_Day Yet another plug for The Fair Tax and the book (the paperback is expected in May). For you flat tax advocates, try this on for size. And I love this guy! http://hermancain.com/ It is wonderful to hear a smart, business-like approach to politics without all the nasty rhetoric and caller abuse. He ran for senate here in the last election. Sure hope he runs again! I'm looking forward to getting his book. In other news...We spent a lovely new year's eve with friends playing Mexican Train Dominoes. Fun game, and the company was even better. All the kids got to just play and stay up very late. It was great till they really started to show how tired they were. To our dismay, they were up at the usual 7:00 a.m. the next day. Looks like lots of folks are doing the resolution/list thing, so I think I'll jump on the wagon and see what I can come up with.

  • Knit in a more organized fashion - which means paying attention to my current projects rather than dreaming of the next one, make up my mind on the next one and just start it, finishing a few of the 2004 (that's year, not quantity!) UFOs (or at least break down and frog 'em).
  • Knit at least 45 minutes a day. I've really been slacking lately.
  • Start the husband's sweater.
  • Finish the kids' projects.
  • Get Stinkerton Prime to school on time.
  • Get home on time so I can spend more time with the kids and the husband in the evenings.
  • Cut back on the sugar, drink more water and switch from whole to low fat milk.
  • Hit the treadmill twice a week.
  • Push my local and federal representatives to sponsor bills supporing private property rights. Remember the Kelo deicision?
There, that wasn't so bad. Funny how knitting dominates the list. I finished the collar on Stinkerton Adjuncts sweater. It looks like crap. I'm going to rip and re-work it. I've decided on a shawl collar rather than a hood. The scarf for SP is o.k. I'm still having trouble getting the short rows to look as nice as I'd like them. I came to the conclusion that it's just the nature of short rows to look like that. Nothing else is going on. Brought home work to do, so I'd better get started on it. A happy and healthy New Year to all.

2 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Great list..
I have to do my list soon.
But #1 On the list is to have a baby this year.
But we are going away this may so we might have to wait on the kid thing.. We'll see. Ill keep you posted on it.
But I don't think there was mail today. So maybe tomorrow? I can't wait. Happy new year..

 
At 1/07/2006 01:46:00 AM, Blogger Anita said...

Another Fair Tax supporter in Blogland! Glad to have found you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons