Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's been sad here lately...

Aunt Georgie passed away last week after a year of failing health and finally being diagnosed with lung cancer. It was difficult, but short, and the hospice people were wonderful to her and the family. She was surrounded by people who loved her when she passed. I didn't get to go to the funeral and I really wish I could have. She was a very special lady. Family meant so much to her and she will be sorely missed by all. I feel guilty that I never finished Sursa for her. However, I did let her know on several occaisions that she was the person who inspired me to learn to knit (among other things). I am going to finish Sursa next week and send it up when my husband heads up north. (He's going on business, but is making time to hook up with some of the cousins.) I think her daughter will appreciate it. Not much else is going on. Despite everything, it's been very busy. I have a zillion pics up on the sister site, but nothing's been integrated into a post yet. Now that they are at least available on-line, I can do some posting at lunch from the office. Take care, and hug someone you love today.

7 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 01:11:00 AM, Blogger fickleknitter said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I bet her daughter would like Sursa instead, and it'll have special meaning for her too.

 
At 1/20/2006 09:48:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Hey,
I just got back from the library and I read your hubbys article. Very interesting, Great info, it is very good to know. But how many people do you know that obey the rule.
Im my book rules are made to be broken.
Im kidding...
Only to my close friends. oh wait that wrong too.

 
At 1/20/2006 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Im also very sorry for your loss.
it's alway hard losing a family member.
love

 
At 1/21/2006 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Knitaddicted104 said...

So very sorry for your loss..I think her daughter will be truly moved by the you sending the Sursa up to her..that is a wonderful idea.

 
At 1/21/2006 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I know this kind of sadness. Consider yourself hugged.
Sharon (Knitknacks)

 
At 1/24/2006 11:03:00 PM, Blogger AmyDe said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Consider this my hug to you until I see you again. I hope you can make it to knit night this week. Take care of yourself and BTW - Lance's article was top notch! He explained everything in a very non-combative way that I think is really approachable for knitters and just what we needed.

 
At 1/25/2006 03:04:00 PM, Blogger AmyDe said...

Sending you a giggle - you've probably seen the site, but here goes anyway http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_youknitwhat_archive.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons