Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jumpin' Jehosphat it's January

and I only have one FO! I'm hoping to finish Sursa by Wednesday so I'll have it on the plane. Due to some issues I won't bore you with, Sursa is not going to The Progenitor's cousin. Posted by Picasa This is SP's scarf. It's the Wavy scarf from Scarves, a Knitter's Dozen. All garter. All the time... it was easy and good mindless knitting. It took me a while to get a hang of the short rows - mainly to make them look nicer where the slipped stitch is picked up. I used Schaefer Yarns' Miss Priss in Fragglestone (Stinkerton picked the color) and I think I have enough left over to make a hat to go with it. SP was thrilled with it. Here's a shot of when it was in progress: Posted by Picasa I want you to meet my little friend.  Posted by Picasa This was my Hannukah gift to myself. I am in the painstakingly slow process of entering all my knitting stuff into it. The biggest hindrance (aside from kids) is that I don't have Excel at home. I have to enter it at work, or I have to enter it directly into the pda. Can we say "s l o w...?" But, before I cast on for anything else, I have decided that I'm going to finish up some projects that have been haunting me. 1. Pink Serendipity - mostly done; I'm almost out of CTH Fringe and it's bothering me to the point of not picking up the shawl. I'm afraid it will be too small. 2. Unikat Sweater - finally have the last skein I needed and I'm probably going to have to frog the back in order to work in the odd skein. I'm not sure if I have to re-do the sleeves or not. I'm hoping that when I finish the back I will have enough of the original skein left to finish the second sleeve. This may come on the trip with me. 3. FBS 4. Fugly baby blanket - one more movie knight should do it. 5. Stinkerton's socks in Lion Brand Magic Stripes. There's no way I'm using the good sock yarn on him - should probably be doing this as 2sox/2 circs to learn the technique, but there's something oddly satisfying about DPN's. 6. Little Man's sweater. I just need to re-do the collar. The zipper isn't in quite as well as I'd like, but I'm going to leave it. It can tell me in the future, how far I've come on zippers. Next up, Froggin' February. Once the froggin' is done, I'll get back to the FO list so that March can be Mo' FO' March. Nana is coming for a visit. the boys are thrilled. The Progenitor and I are even more thrilled b/c we are going on a trip. He's attending a conference and I'm taking advantage of the amenities. Palm Springs here I come!

1 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 03:23:00 PM, Blogger fickleknitter said...

For some reason I can't see your pictures! Still doesn't stop me from drooling over your Claudia's Handpainted.

This is a great time of year to visit Palm Springs, especially if you are tired of the cold. Enjoy your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons