Saturday, January 07, 2006

You've shown me yours...

Yahoo! Avatars Now I've shown you mine. I've noticed a few places where people are trying to make their avatar as ugly as possible. I tried for the 80's thing (since the 80's were almost as traumatic as the 70's and there was a definite lack of bo-ho clothing to choose from) and since I chose Chinese New Year as the background, the panda seemed 'natch. I would have chosen a bunch of big items for the accessories, but then the background just didn't work. I'm working on a serendipity shawl for the shop. And of course, it goes perfectly with a jacket I just bought myself. No, D&G, I'm not going put up pics till it's done. HA! I'm hoping to have it done for Thursday's Knit Night, but I'm making no promises. I will say that it's not in the least bit brown. The first week of the month is always very busy for me and I have three, count 'em THREE, birthday parties for the boys this weekend. I just don't get this whole, have a party for the kids every year thing folks do. Every couple of years, I get. That way it's special when it happens and not just take for granted that a party will happen. ...That's what I tell myself anyway. Just goes to show how growing up without birthday parties will make one jaded. That's right, not a single one. Notice how I'm not going overboard by insisiting on huge parties for both the boys every year to compensate? Therapy, (well... laziness) can be a good thing. Off to actually do some knitting.

4 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 09:36:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Hey steph,
Did you get to see the picture I posted of the gift you sent to me.
I felt so bad that it was in the post office for almost a week. I didn't recieve any notice to pick it up. But all in all it was a beautiful gift and thank you so much again.

 
At 1/18/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

I just discovered the little message that you wrote in the book you gave to me. Thank you so much again. im sorry i didn't write in your book. I didn't even think of it. I didn't want to ruin that awesome book.

 
At 1/18/2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Thank you for the comment. The yarn is KFI Mallaganes In those great colors, Not sure what number lot it was. at first I wasn't having fun with the entrelac s@#t pattern, But I got the hang of it.

 
At 1/18/2006 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

OMG She wrote the message. SO very cool thank again so much....
I will cherish it so.
So cool ...
What have you been knitting lately?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons