Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A picture says a thousand words...

Or... I type a thousand words before fulfilling my promise of pictures. Here she is, the Pink Serendipity Shawl. Ingredients: Berroco Softwist in rose w/trendsetter Flora; Berroco Softwist in sage with Tahki Flower(?); Cherry Tree Hill Fringe in English Garden (?); Fiesta Yarns La Luz Print in Madrid; love. I'm please with how she turned out. More importantly, the lovely people who commissioned her are happy with it. She looks a little dull in the picture, but she's actually quite glittery. The bling is a little more apparent in the zoom I did. I saturated the color slightly to get the flora and flower to show. Posted by Picasa This is just too funny.

Oh, and an update from yesterday. It wasn't Waste Managment, it was Georgia Waste Systems. I will say that I am impressed at how responsive they've been. The timeline and the tire tracks are still issues, though. We learned that the crash was at about 5:45 a.m. The neighbor guy went outside to see what was up at about 6:00 a.m. There were several more waste management people on site than would have been on the truck, so they were definitely called first. The police were not called until 6:31a.m. and we still do not know who called. The Fire Department was thoroughly pissed with the PD and they are going up the chain (bringing in the batallion cheif) to find out why there was no proper investigation and why weren't they called to the scene. I have a feeling there's an officer who's going to be in a bit of hot water pretty soon.

4 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

Very Nice Stephanie, It looks beautiful,
So are you knitting now for a LYS?
I actually started knitting hats for a woman in NYC she contacted me right before christmas and wanted me to knit all yoear round for her and she would pay me for it. I dont mind knitting the hats for her but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. hehehehe!
Hope all is well

 
At 2/23/2006 08:59:00 AM, Blogger AmyDe said...

It's REALLY great live and in person! BTW - the garbage truck hitting the building is VERY common (though not usually to that extent) My Daddy owns a metal building repair company and every week we'd get 2 - 3 calls from customers "UPS or The Garbage Truck just hit my building - help!" I hope the fire chief nails them to the wall for you guys!

 
At 2/27/2006 07:57:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

I feel like I should have not admitted to the bathroom knitting.

Ahhhh!!!
Scratch that post in your mind.
How are u ?
Hope all is well.

 
At 3/13/2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe you are going to give that to the folks that commissioned it -- so pretty and I think you deserve your very own!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons