Wednesday, April 12, 2006

heel

I’ve worked the heel in the brown yarn and am fairly well satisfied with the process if not the result. I have a few open spots that I don't like so I shall rip, rip, rip again. The heel cup is a little shallow, but I think it will do. I may need to either double the yarn I'm using or add reinforcing thread. Not sure which to do, but Daddy's rough on socks so I need to do something. My next pair of socks for Daddy will have the regular slip stitch heel flap and he can tell me which one he likes better. In other news, I have yet to announce my decision at work. Part of it is that I feel immensely guilty for leaving. They’ve gotten all used to me and I’m doing a pretty good job (no complaints on their end that I’m aware of) and here I am ready to go after only 7 months. I do feel bad about it, but the mother-guilt is certainly outweighing work-guilt. I’m dreading it, but it must be done. Maybe next week? Definitely before Secretaries’ Day. Waiting till after would be reprehensible. On a very happy note, Little Man was accepted to the same school as Stinkerton so I won't have to do the two school thing after this year ends!! woo hoo!!! I have decided I need to do Something Red, by Wendy of Knit and Tonic. I think I have enough MF Cotton to do this in a nice wintergreen. If not, I'm sure there's something else in one of those closets I can use. But... I can't start till I've completed my inventory. Of course, to do inventory properly, I need to get the software I want. So, off to buy some software!

2 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 07:49:00 PM, Blogger AmyDe said...

what software are you using? And yes that's the same shawl we have in the shop I just thought it looked so great in cotton with a tiny bit of lash and it has beads - ooohh!!!

 
At 4/12/2006 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Charisse said...

hey lady.. Thanks for the comment. And U are starting a pattern from wendy. Dont you just love her patterns, I find that they are very straight forward. And By MF do you mean the bad words like Mother efffer. ?
If so you are waytoo funny.
Have a great week, and happy passover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons