Monday, April 24, 2006

indecision

As it turns out, I misread the yarn requirements and I do not have enough of the MF 1824 cotton in any color to make Something Red. grrr... Something Red will just have to wait till I set up my database for the yarn inventory and can tell what I have. I have tons and tons of worsted, so it's a matter of making up my mind on which one I want to use. My MIL is moving up here!!! Yay!!! I'm so excited. I had a very close relationship with my grandparents and I really want the boys to have the same. Her relationship with the boys is already close despite her living in Florida, and I love seeing how much they all enjoy eachother. And now she'll be just up the road. hurray! Now, having lived in Florida for nearly 40 years, she's going to need some warm woolies. Hey, whaddya know? Another reason to knit. Bonnie loves my DB Plum sweater (my green Cashermerino Superchunky disaster from last year) so I broke down and bought some in blue to make one for her. I don't like the yarn, but I'll make this in a slightly tighter gauge and see if it turns out better. That's a quick knit, so I can wait till August to get it started. Daddy's sock is almost done. I worked on it most of Saturday and Sunday and am at the toe. The short row toe on the first sock worked well. Since the toe is plain brown, I used a strand of the green portion of the yarn to graft the seam. I like the little stripe it made. I do still want to try 2 socks on 2 circs, but that project can wait a little bit. In the meantime, I'm going to continue the sock theme for my new knitting technique a month plan. But what to do? Toe up? Next on the WIP list: FBS. She's been in time out long enough. It's time to fix her and finish her up. It's really just a matter of tinking back a few rows to get past the mistake and move on. I just need time and quiet to do it. I also think I'm going to take out the zipper in Little Man's cardigan. I know I haven't posted a pic yet, but believe me, it's just not working. The V is too deep and upon further review the collar is just not to my taste. I have plenty of yarn left, so it won't be a problem going back and attaching a proper button band. It's just a matter of making the time.

1 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 10:04:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I spent a good amount of time at the end of last year and now every skein of yarn in my possession has been recorded in Excel, dyelot and all. Sooooo worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons