Friday, October 13, 2006

new form of prison torture developed in MD

I'm being tortured with network T.V. The 'rents don't have anything beyond the most basic cable and the only comfortable places to sit in the house are in the living room. I can feel my brain cells melting away with every passing minute. They made me watch Survivor. The worst thing about it is that it's like a car crash... you can't help but keep looking. And on top of that, they crank the volume to hear the show and when the commercials comes on, I'm just about blasted out of the room. Daddy won't give up the remote and let me handle the volume at all. (Which is really annoying b/c I'm not the one in the room with impaired reflexes. And no, they have an ancient T.V. that doesn't do the volume levelling thing that newer T.V.s can do.) I think I know what they're getting for Christmas in '07. My brain hurts. I should have bought some aspirin when I was hiding out running an errand at the drug store. On the upside... Went shopping with Mother today and found a really cool leather coat at Sym's (sort of like Burlington Coat Factory). It's lime!! I'm so thrilled with it. I will admit to being a coat hoarder (as well as yarn and bags; shoes...eh, not so much), but I do use most of my coats. I like to be all matchy-match. Sad, but it's a "Monk" thing. The other thing that happened was that I ran into an old housemate (from 15 years ago!!) this morning. It was so cool to see him and to see him looking great. I'm trying to find some time where we can meet for coffee or maybe lunch. I'll have to remember to snag a couple of pics of the boys from Mother. I never do have up to date pics on me. I made it to WoolWinders yesterday. This is where I took my first class with Annie last year. Jacqui, the owner, is such a nice lady. I'm planning on a trip to Knit Happens in Alexandria tomorrow - they have Sunday hours! Yay! Lastly, I finally found the mistake in the Flower Basket Shawl. I'm going to make a little progress on it this weekend. I'm on the seventh repeat (I think the pattern calls for ten), and just started the second ball of Koigu. I'll probably work till I'm 1/4 of the way through the third ball and then start the edging. I think someone told me hers took 2.5 balls with the edging, but it never hurts to play it safe. Have a lovely weekend.

1 Comments:

At 10/14/2006 09:26:00 PM, Blogger AmyDe said...

You're cracking me up! Enjoy your trip and next time you escape to the drug store - consider purchasing ear plugs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons