Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wouldn't it be more like floating up?

I don't have much to say (for once), but I felt the need to post so that those few people who actually stop by to read know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. That really is an odd phrase, don't you think? One can't really fall off the earth, right? Even if one were to fall off a cliff, the ground would be right there waiting at the bottom. No knitting of any note is going on here. I am about to admit defeat on the FBS. My notes, the number of stitches I have, and according to my reading the chart for the previous knit row all indicate that I should be on row 5 of repeat 7. So how the heck to am I ending up with the wrong number of stitches? ugh. Back into time out she goes. Peri Klas once wrote an article about her "great unfinishable" - a Kaffe Fasset sweater. Maybe this is mine. Hope not, since I'm supposed to teach a simple lace scarf in a couple of weeks. aack!! I have to finish that project immediately, if not sooner. Super Secreat Snarky Pal questionaire: 1. What kinds of things do you like to knit? Most anything, scarves and baby things still seem to be what I'm able to finish at the moment. I've been having attention span issues lately. I'm starting to enjoy simple lace patterns despite my experience with the FBS. 2. Is there any one thing that you are just dying to have and haven't/won't purchase for yourself? I haven't tried dying any yarn, yet. I've been afraid to take the plunge. 3. What scents do you like? I usually just say none, but that sounds strange b/c I actually do like to smell things. Fragrance is such a subjective thing and then there's the whole allergy thing. Wool, lavender or citrus are usually fine, but with the boys, candles are not an option. 4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, but it's all confused with the Progenitor's list, so it's hard to tell what goes with whom on the list. 5. When is your birthday? June 7. 6. Do you celebrate Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwannza/Yule? Hanukkah 7. Do you have a favorite color? Food colors and pretty much any shade of green unless it has a lot of yellow-gold in it. Yellow and I are not good friends unless I keep up my highlights - and since George went on leave after he and his partner adopted their little girl, that's not happening for a while. 8. Any colors that you absolutely hate? Nope. The more colors the better in my book. 9. Any allergies to fiber? No, thank goodness! 10. Anything else your pal should know? My boys are constantly destroying my measuring tapes. I've learned the hard way not to get the cute ones. Fortunately, they've learned to leave the knitting needles alone.

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 02:51:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

or maybe you would just vanish into thin air. sounds more dramatic than floating up :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons